Dunsfold Park will be a Surrey Village for the 21st Century offering a new concept in rural living, surrounded by parkland, inspired by Surrey’s traditional villages and yet offering all the conveniences of modern life. The evolution of the aerodrome will see the business park grow and the delivery of 1,800 homes. Our vision celebrates its recent history as Surrey’s Most Secret Aerodrome and reflects our dual commitment to the past and to the future. Our plan is to:
- Create a balanced community by providing new jobs on-site and affordable homes for the wider workforce and community
- Promote the sustainable social and economic development of the wider area
- Minimise the environmental footprint of the village by incorporating and delivering innovative designs, technologies and practices for energy, transport, waste and construction
- Create a diverse mix of housing, responding to an acute local shortage of open market, affordable and starter homes
- Build housing that fits into its Surrey location and also performs to high environmental standards
- Enhance the natural qualities of the site, which sits adjacent to very important landscape features.
By transforming the entire Dunsfold Park site we have the opportunity to create an attractive, pedestrian-friendly place to live and work, set within significant areas of public open space and with facilities for recreation, shopping and leisure.
The masterplan includes:
- A Market Square where all key routes converge and commercial & community facilities are concentrated
- A ‘Runway Park’ on the site of the existing main runway, celebrating the unique history and serving as a modern-day village green and multi-use park
- A Central Avenue curving around the village centre, alongside a water feature crossed by a series of bridges
- An education hub connecting the village with the existing business park
- A substantial country park surrounding the village
It will take at least ten years to reach its planned completion and will grow organically, adapting to changing circumstances and the needs and aspirations of the expanding community.